It honestly feels like I have a brand new wardrobe, being able to select from my entire closet, not just from 30 items. It’s fabulous!!! This is how I felt after I had my son and I could fit back into my “pre-pregnancy” clothes. It’s wonderful. Today I’m wearing a blue polka dot top under a grey sweater, skinny jeans and my boots. I realized that I totally favor layering a shirt under a sweater, especially in Fall and Winter. When going over my outfits from the past 30 days I realized one of my favorite outfits was layering a blouse under a sweater. If I could recommend one staple outfit in a woman’s closet, this would be it. It’s functional, comfortable and stylish.
Blouse (Guess). Sweater (Jacob). Jeans (R W & Co.). Boots (Browns). Necklace (My Name Necklace).
I thought I would share my 4 favorite looks from my challenge. Which ones are your favorites?
What I learned from this challenge is:
- Having lots of basics in your closet is a must.
- Have a few colorful accent pieces to go with your basics.
- It’s about quality not quantity. I’m amazed at how many different combinations I was able to make with just 30 pieces. For some pieces I picked, I only wore them once. Having quality items will not only help your clothes last longer but it will go along way with remixing your wardrobe.
- Give yourself exceptions when you do this challenge. I gave myself 3 exceptions because wearing sequins to drop my son off at school in black patent heels is not all that appropriate or realistic.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment and try things different ways.
May this blog inspire you to do your own 30 in 30 challenge. Tomorrow will be the last day of my 30 in 30 recap and I’ll be showing you the different ways I wore the same item.
Happy Thursday Everyone!!! 🙂