I want to begin this post by congratulating Julia K for winning the $50 gift certificate to Stuck on You. Congrats Julia!!! Thank you to everyone who entered!!! 🙂
On Saturday, we went out to our first holiday party of the year. Below is what I wore. I’m not really impressed with the lighting in my house, but it was 6pm when I took the pictures.
I’m also not quite sure what I think of my hair. It’s a bit too layered and short, but I think my hair really needed this clean up. I know I’ll like it more in a few weeks once it has a chance to grow.
This is what I am wearing today, simple on-the-go “mom uniform”: cardigan, t-shirt, jeans and boots.
Cardigan ( H & M). Jeans & Shirt (Gap). Boots (Browns). Necklace (Banana Republic).
Christmas Gift Ideas
Before you go shopping you need to do some research on the people you are shopping for. Make sure you know:
- what the person likes
- their interests
- what they like to drink (alcholic or not)
- what they need
I spend more time thinking about what to buy for my people, than I actually do shopping. It makes shopping easier and quicker, because I know exactly what I am getting. Now I do sometimes end up frustrated because what I wanted is gone, discontinued or not what I thought it was, but it helps me to get an idea before hand. For example, we went to a party this past Saturday and I knew that the hostess likes to take baths, so I got her these great bath salts from Bath & Body Works.
Hostess Gift Ideas
- bath salts/bubble bath
- check out what Body Shop and Bath & Body Works have
- their favorite magazine
- a coffee sampler or hot chocolate sampler from Starbucks or Tim Hortons
- you can bake Christmas cookies (I did that last weekend and they were a hit)
- if the hostess likes to bake you can put the dry ingredients into a jar, wrap it with a bow and print off your favorite cookie recipe and attach it.
- I got this from pinterest where you put hot chocolate mix and marshmellows in a jar and then attach a small bottle of Bailey’s to it. Perfect gift.
- Christmas Ornaments or other Christmas decorations from Pier 1
- check out Chapters‘ selection of books
- if they are a scrapbooker or a crafter check out Michaels
- chocolates from Purdy’s
- if all else fails a nice bottle of wine
Kids Gift Ideas
1 yr and under
- baby’s first blocks
- activity cube
- Guess How Much I Love You Padded Board Book
- discover and play piano
- alphabet foam mat
- Jake and the Neverland Pirates
- Melissa and Doug Puzzle
- Thomas the Train
- Leapfrog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Alphabet
2-3 yrs old
- See ‘n Say
- Fisher Price Little People Amusement Park
- alphabet blocks
- Imaginarium Train Table
- doll house
3 and up
- Leap Pad 2
- Alphie Robot
- Melissa & Doug cube puzzles
- Kids digital camera
- Leapfrog Tag Reader
The best gift I think you can give any child, is the gift of a book. Here are some of our favorites:
- Guess How Much I love You
- Goodnight Moon
- Little Blue Truck
- Charlie Brown Christmas
- Curious George
- Any Dr. Seuss book
- Can You Find Me Books
- Usborne books
- The Polar Express
- I Love You Through and Through
- The Little Engine That Could
- Baby Beluga
Our favorite DVD’s are from Leapfrog. My son loves them. They have alphabet, numbers, getting ready for preschool. They are great.
Please keep in mind that I have a son, so some of these gift suggestions may be geared more towards boys. Although, my son loves to play in his kitchen and use his grocery cart.
Gifts for Grandparents
- make them a personalized calendar or photo book of your children. Our parents love this present. We’ve been making them calendars since Aiden was first born and they love it.
- make salt dough ornaments of your kids hand print and/or foot print
- make an ornament with your child’s hand/foot print out of sparkles
- hand print wreath poem
- make christmas cookies with your kids
- personalized note book with a picture of your child’s artwork on the front
- get them a webcam if they live far away and then you can skype
- get grandma a personalized charm bracelet with each grandchild’s name on it
Hope this post gives you some ideas for Christmas gifts.
Happy Monday Everyone!!!!