This is what I am wearing today: pink sweater, purple pants and boots. Perfect outfit for a rainy day. It’s raining like it never wants to end. I’m thankful for Fridays because that means no activities for my son today :)!!! We are headed grocery shopping and then nothing, and I can’t wait. We are lucky enough to have our godsons come over tonight and my son can’t wait. We will be entertaining 3 boys tonight, including Aiden. Should be fun. Pizza and Star Wars!!! What more could a 11 yr, 8 yr and 3.5 yr old want?
Pants ( R W & Co.). Sweater, Necklace & Earrings ( J Crew). Boots (Browns). Watch (Michael Kors). Bracelets (Stella & Dot).
Growing up we listened to Christmas music from the beginning of December until New Years. I loved it. I grew up in a Hungarian household filled with Christmas Carols both in English and in Hungarian. I’ve continued this tradition since moving out. I’ve accumulated quite the eclectic collection. Below are some of my favorite Christmas CD’s.
1. Sing With Me This Christmas- I purchased this cd for my son’s first Christmas. He was only 7 months old then, but I couldn’t resist buying it at Costco. It is a Christmas cd, sung by kids, for kids, of traditional Christmas carols. It also came with a colourful book including the words to each and every song. At 3.5 yrs old, my son absolutely loves this cd. If you can find it at Costco your kids will love it.
2. Bebe Winans: My Christmas Prayer. This cd was featured on Oprah many years ago and it is amazing. The song title, My Christmas Prayer, brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it. It talks about peace and love and that’s all I wish for everyone. It is a beautiful cd and would make a great stocking stuffer or gift for yourself.
3. Santa Baby. I bought this cd a few years ago at Starbucks and I love it. It’s not your traditional Christmas cd and that’s why I like it. It features artists like Sarah Mclachlan, Diana Krall, Ella Fitzgerald, Elvis, Frank Sinatra and Tony Bennett. If you want something different this holiday this will make the perfect addition to your collection.
4. Sarah McLachlan’s Wintersong. I’ve been a fan of hers for many years and when this cd came out a few years ago, I was so excited. It’s a beautiful cd with traditional and new Christmas music.
5. Josh Groban’s Noel. I’m still amazed that such a powerful sound can come out of Josh Groban. This is a traditional Christmas cd that will leave you with goose bumps.
6. Faith Hill’s Joy To The World. I’m not a big fan of country but I love Faith Hill. This is a beautiful Christmas cd. Her voice is amazing and her last song, A Baby Changes Everything, makes me emotional, thinking of my beautiful son.
7. Andrea Bocelli’s My Christmas. I have been a fan of his for over a decade. He had me when I heard his song Vivo Per Lei. It’s not as famous as Time to Say Goodbye, but when I heard it for the first time, I was mesmerized. Andrea Bocelli sure knows how to romance a woman. Anyways back to his Christmas cd, it’s phenomenal!!! My favorite is his duet with the Muppets. I can’t help but smile when I hear the Muppets.
8. Boney M’s The 20 Greatest Christmas Songs. I grew up listening to this cd, well actually it was a record back then :). I was so happy when I found it on a cd. In Grade 5, we did a dance number to Mary’s Boy Child for our Christmas concert, and I was Mary. Then we all rocked out to Feliz Navidad. That was a long time ago. Enjoy, it’s a great cd :).
One of my favorite Christmas songs of all time is: All I want For Christmas. My favorite version, and don’t tell Mariah, is from the movie Love Actually. The soundtrack to Love Actually is also amazing!!! Check it out.
You can find all these cd’s at iTunes. I hope you get a chance to listen to some of these songs. They put a smile on my face, warm my heart and give me hope that some day we will all have peace at Christmas.
Happy Friday and Weekend Everyone!!! 🙂