This is what I wore yesterday: my Tippi sweater layered over a button top, skinny jeans and my boots. Yesterday was a gorgeous day with the sun shining.
Not only do I love stripes but I’ve also developed a love for polka dots. Like stripes, everyone can wear polka dots. Adding a polka dot sweater or skirt is a good way to add some flair to your outfit. Below are different ways to wear polka dots. You can even incorporate some of them into your holiday attire.
Polka dot skirt with polka dot top (although from the sun’s glare you can’t see the polka dots on the top)
The polka dot blouse up close
Polka dot skirt with burgundy Tippi Sweater
Polka dot blouse
Make it festive, add a green cardigan
Polka dot sequin top with a lace skirt
Polka dot sweater with black pants
Polka dot top with trouser jeans for a more casual look
Thank you J Crew for this gorgeous sequin top. I absolutely adore it. There are many outfit possibilities with this top. To make it more casual, layer it over a turtleneck or a chambray top. Wear it with a red skirt for the holidays. Add a boyfriend blazer to change things up a bit. Like I said, the possibilities are endless!!!! 🙂
As you can see polka dots are so much fun and they come in many different forms. Have fun with them. See how you can incorporate them into your wardrobe. Check out Old Navy and the Gap as they have some really cute polka dot sweaters.
On a completely different topic, my husband makes the best pork chops you will ever eat. Below is a picture of his masterpiece.
- season the pork chops with season salt and pepper
- grill it either on the bbq or in the oven
- as the pork chops cook, baste with olive oil, repeat many times (this keeps them nice and moist).
Double Baked Potato
- bake in either microwave, bbq or oven
- cut in half and scoop out inside of the potato and put it in a separate bowl.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 2 tbsp of chives (fresh chives are best)
- 2 tbsp of butter
- mix above ingredients and insides of potato together and then place back into empty shell of the potato
- add shredded cheese to taste to top of potatoes (as much cheese as you want on your potato)
- put back into oven or bbq and bake for another 15 mins, or until the cheese has melted.
We made some corn and peas to go on the side. Enjoy!!! These pork chops are even more delicious and mouth watering in real life.
May this blog inspire you to go out and purchase something with polka dots and to grill up some pork chops.
Happy Friday and Weekend Everyone!!!!