This is what I wore today. I know this look is preppy, but that’s pretty much my style. It’s comfortable, makes me feel pretty, and the jacket is nice and warm, since Fall has finally arrived. I love wearing layers, because I’m always cold. This way I can take my jacket off and still be warm from my cardigan :).
Before I get into my blog, a quick health update. I’m doing much better, my pain is under control (still have it, but manageable), my echo didn’t show any fluid around my heart (but I still need a Cardiologist to confirm that), and I’m trying to tackle every day life on my own this week. My wonderful husband went back to work yesterday so it’s just my son and I. I would be lying if I didn’t say that I’m exhausted and nervous about how this week is going to go. But I’ve got great support and help if needed.
You truly know who your real friends are in a crisis situation. Our friends have been amazing. I have had many offers to come and help watch my son, so I can nap. Our fridge is well stocked with food thanks to my dear friends. Thanksgiving is next Monday, which means lots of yummy food this weekend, that I don’t have to prepare by myself!!! 🙂 I have to say that I am so grateful for our wonderful friends. I don’t know how I would have gotten through this without all of your positive thoughts and prayers. Thank you to everyone, especially my BOOTCAMP ladies!!!! Can’t wait to get back and get my ass kicked!! 🙂
Before this Fall, I was never a fan of this season. I found it to be sad. Everything is dying, it’s getting darker outside earlier, its colder, rain season is upon us. But this year, I look at Fall differently. I’m actually learning to embrace it. Like it our not, it comes around every year, and I should learn to accept it!!! When you really think about it, Fall is a beautiful season, full of gorgeous colors, crisp, sunny days and great outdoor activities. It’s the calm before the Winter storm. Here are my 11 reasons why I love Fall.
1. Pumpkin Spiced Latte
2. Taking my son to the Corn Maze
5. Cozy, warm sweaters
6. Hot chocolate by the warm fire
7. Halloween. We absolutely love Halloween in our house!!! My son is totally into it this year. He can’t wait to go Trick-or-Treating.
8. Mulled Wine. I love adding some cinnamon sticks, oranges to some warmed up red wine.
9. Thanksgiving. Although its been a tough year for us, we still have a lot to be grateful for. I love getting together with our god son’s and our families to celebrate and feast on delicious roast beast 🙂 (I’m the only one that likes Turkey in the family).
10. The leaves changing colors. My favorite are the deep red leaves on the trees.
11. Taking a walk on a sunny, crisp Fall day with my boys 🙂
I was reading the newest edition of People’s Style Watch and they had an article about different ways to switch up your jeans look. So my fashion tip for this blog is to look in your closet and see how many ways you can spruce up your jeans. Here they are:
1. Try a camouflage print. I’m not really into them, but they are supposed to be the new big pattern for Fall.
2. Add a cuff to your jeans. This gives it a fresh, new look without having to buy a new pair.
3. Mix masculine with the feminine. Add a sweatshirt to a skinny jean and either a ballet flat or heels.
Sweater (American Eagle). Jeans (R W and Co). Booties (Aldo). Bracelets (Stella and Dot, Stella and Dot). Watch (Coach).
4. Add a great accessory like a statement necklace or earrings.
5. Go Preppy
6. Pair it with cozy sweater and booties.
May this blog inspire you to “fall” in love with Fall and to spruce up your jeans.
Happy Tuesday Everyone!!!! 🙂