Cardigan (Gap). Leggings (Jacob). Jersey dress ( H & M). Necklace (Stella and Dot). Bracelets (Stella and Dot, Poshlocket). Watch (Michael Kors). Shoes (Aldo).
This is what I wore yesterday (I’m thinking of belting the dress next time I wear it). If you are aware of the hot spell we are experiencing, then you would think I’m crazy for wearing all black and a long sleeve cardigan. I didn’t realize how warm it was going to be. Let’s just say I smartened up today and am hoping to wear my summer clothes for as long as possible.
After writing my last blog, I got to thinking about what/who inspires me? When I think about it, I have some amazing people in my life, who keep me grounded and help keep my life in perspective. After my husband lost his job in February, it was hard to not to feel “poor me” or “poor us”. We gave ourselves a few minutes to have a pity party, and then realized how blessed and fortunate we were to have each other, our son, our home, our health and our friends. Below are some things/people who inspire me every day.
1. My son, inspires me every day to be a better person, mother and wife. These past two weeks have been full of changes for him and he rose to each and every challenge. He inspires me to live in the moment and to enjoy the little things in life. His laughter and smile encourage me to laugh and smile more, and to be more silly.
2. My husband never gave up when he lost his job. He kept at it until he found a new one. He teaches our son to live with integrity and that when life throws you curve ball, you rise above it and make the most of it.
3. Single mothers inspire me every day. I know that no matter what, at the end of the day, I have my husband to help me out. On the days where he has to work late, I think about single moms and how they have to do it every day, by themselves. Being a parent is a thankless and grueling job, which is made even more difficult when you don’t have someone to help you. So my hat goes off to you single moms who do it and do it well.
4. Parent’s of sick children and sick children. One of my dearest friend’s daughter was diagnosed with Cancer 2.5 yrs ago. Thankfully, she is now finished her treatment and is a healthy 4 yr old, but when I think about what my friend went through emotionally, it breaks my heart. I can’t even begin to fathom it. My son was born with Bilateral Club Feet and that was hard enough to deal with, and we knew that with proper treatment he would have no problems walking. My friend had no guarantees that after all the treatment, her daughter would be cured. To all those parent’s of sick children and to the sick children themselves, God bless you and your families. You truly are not only an inspiration but heroes.
5. People who help others. It can be anyone, any profession, helping someone in any way they can. I wish this world was full of more kindness, selflessness and more paying it forward; giving back to others.
6. People who follow their Personal Legend. If you read my previous blog, it discussed following your heart and doing what makes you happy. I love reading about people who are happy in their lives by following what makes them happy and fulfilled.
7. People who aren’t raised under ideal circumstances but manage to make a life for themselves. People with determination to become something, to do something with their lives. People who overcome adversity and obstacles and rise above the challenges in life.
8. Writers of good books inspire me. They make it so that anything is possible, even flying and magic as in Harry Potter. I love how J. K. Rowling captured our imaginations with a world of magic and mystery.
9. My friends inspire me to be me, to follow my dreams, to make sense of life. They make me laugh and they support me.
What inspires you? Who inspires you? We all have people and things/events in our lives that we draw inspiration from. Where do you find your inspiration?
My fashion tip for this blog is to get your hands on the “it” pant for Fall. So what is the “it” pant? The “it” pant is a Bordeaux/purple/red/burgundy/wine colored skinny pant/jean. Bordeaux is the new color trend for Fall. You can find it in any store, from H & M to J Crew. I really like it because it’s not your ordinary jean, the color is great for Fall and Winter and is really versatile. Below are some looks with the “it” pant.
A great casual look, pair it with a striped long sleeve shirt and ankle booties.
This next look I copied from Pinterest.
Again my version, is not as glamorous. To put things into perspective, I took these pictures after taking my son to gymnastics, making dinner, and cleaning up the house.
This next look is a dressier one. I paired the pants with a white blouse, boyfriend blazer and nude heels.
Pant (R W and Co). Blouse (Jacob). Blazer (R W and Co). Heels (Aldo). Necklace (Banana Republic). Bracelet (Etsy). Watch (Michael Kors).
I thought for the fun of it, I would pair these pants with a bow blouse and heels.
Top (Jacob). Pants (R W and Co). Shoes (Aldo). Watch (Michael Kors). Bracelet (Etsy).
These pants are great for Fall/Winter. I’m looking forward to wearing them with a sweater and riding boot.
- R W and Co: buy one get one 50% off.
- Jacob: jeans, sweater and cardigans on sale, in store and on-line.
- Gap: up to 40% sale on selected items, both on-line and in store.
May this blog inspire you to figure out who/what inspires you, and to find yourself a great pair of Bordeaux pants for Fall/Winter.
Happy Tuesday Everyone!!!!