This is what I wore today to drop my son off for his first day of 2.5 hrs of Preschool without Mama. He did amazing. I left while the teacher was reading him a story and he never even looked back. I shed, yet again, a few tears and then realized that I have 2 hrs to myself. I spent that time cleaning the house and running errands, but it was so nice to have some time to myself. His preschool has a webcam, so I did check in, and found that he was doing fine. When I went to pick him up, he was all smiles and having the time of his life playing on the playground. I am emotionally exhausted. Everyday thus far has been something new for him, which required “no parental participation”. I’m relieved that it was more stressful for me than for him. I’m looking forward to enjoying some cocktails this Saturday. This Mama sure needs it.
About a month ago, a friend of mine interviewed me for an on-line mom’s site. It hasn’t come out yet, but I’ll post the article and link once its out. In the article, my friend asked me: “What do I know for sure?” What a thought provoking question!!!! I’ve never thought about what I know for sure. Have you? It’s a short list, let me tell you. Since her interview I realized that I know a few more things for sure. Here they are:
1. I believe in love and in finding your soul mate.
2. Life is too short, so you need to enjoy it ( I need to follow this more!!! :)).
3. Relationships are hard, especially a marriage, and you need to constantly foster it and work at it.
4. Playing with my son and watching him grow is the best thing in the world.
5. I don’t know everything. I’m constantly learning new things. My son is the best teacher.
6. We need more love in this world.
7. We need to let our kids go, to flourish and develop into their own person. I learned this, this week, watching my son participate in activities all by himself.
8. My son’s smile and laugh makes my soul sing. 🙂
9. Being a parent is the hardest yet most rewarding job in the world.
10. Potty training is a bitch!!!!
11. You can read as many books as you want about parenting, sleep training and potty training, but your child will do it, in their own good time. NO you are not a bad parent if your child isn’t exactly textbook. I learned this the hard way. I read every parenting book, potty training and sleep training book and it was for nothing, because when Aiden was ready to do those things, then he did it. He is stubborn and he does things in his own good time. I had to get over the “I’m a bad mother” because he won’t sleep through the night or isn’t potty trained yet. The books are great guides, but they sure know how to make you feel like crap. So moms and dads out there, read everything with a grain of salt and just do your best!!!! In the end that’s all we can do.
I know that one of my biggest fashion dilemmas come with the change of seasons. I have my favorite clothing items that I have to sadly pack away until the following year. I decided that this year I’m going to keep wearing my favorite Summer pieces during Fall and hopefully Winter. So here are some ways of wearing your favorite summer items during Fall.
I love my jean skirt and how versatile it is. So put on a pair of leggings or tights, add a cardigan, pair it with some boots and you have yourself a Fall outfit.
Cardigan (Jacob). T-Shirt (Gap). Jean Skirt (Gap). Necklace (Etsy). Tights (Jacob). Boots (Browns). Bracelets (Poshlocket, Poshlocket). Watch (Michael Kors).
Another way of wearing a jean skirt is pairing it with a great sweater and ankle boots.
Sweater (Gap). Jean Skirt (Gap). Tights (Jacob). Boots (Fergalicious c/o Sterling). Necklace (Banana Republic). Bracelets (Poshlocket, Poshlocket). Watch (Michael Kors).
My next favorite Summer piece is a red skirt. Put it with a turtleneck and some boots and you are ready to go. After I took the picture, I realized that adding a skinny belt would be a great touch.
Add a sweater, jean jacket and ankle booties for a more casual look.
Take your favorite crop pant, add a sweater, a flat and a jean jacket.
Add a polka dot sleeveless blouse, white boyfriend blazer and black patent heels and you are ready for a night on the town.
I “pinned” this next look from Pinterest. Take black shorts, add some tights, ankle booties, white t-shirt and blazer. The first look is what I pinned and underneath is my interpretation.
I also “pinned” this next look from Pinterest. I love my red crop pants and here are a few ways of wearing them during Fall. This first one is inspired by Eva Longoria.
Pants and shirt (Gap). Scarf (old). Flats (Aldo).
I admit I’m no Eva Longoria, but I still think the outfit is cute.
This next look is also with the red crop pant and I’ve paired it with a jean jacket, sweater and white button top.
I absolutely love my cropped jeans, so here are a couple different ways of wearing them during Fall.
The first look I “pinned” again from Pinterest.
Add a white tank top, pink boyfriend cardigan, belt and ballet flats.
Cardigan (Gap). Tank Top and Jeans (R W and Co). Belt (Jacob). Flats (Aldo). Necklace (Banana Republic).
May this blog inspire you to figure out what you know for sure and to look in your wardrobe and see what can translate into the Fall. I’m sure you have more then you realize.
Next week I’m hoping to start featuring some of my favorite recipes, some of my cupcake and cake creations and add any deals I come across, whether it be fashion related or food related.
Happy Thursday Everyone!! 🙂