This is what I wore today to a play date. I apologize for my haggard appearance, I’m still recovering from this past weekend’s shenanigans with Metallica.
I also want to thank everyone who reads my blog. Thank you for all your amazing comments. I love reading them 🙂 Please keep them coming!!!!
Now onto Metallica: My experience. Before this past weekend, I wouldn’t have described myself as a Metallica fan. I listened to them with my husband, but other then that I wouldn’t have called myself a fan. My husband has been a fan since 1989, when he saw them in concert for the first time. Last Friday, he had the honor and luck of meeting all of them, including James Hetfield (the lead singer of the band) who happens to be a God in my husband’s eyes. Like Oprah is to me, James is to my husband. Below is a picture of Greg with James.
He also had the privilege of watching the concert from within the stage. This picture is taken from my husband’s view of the concert.
The Metallica concert, which originally started out as a Friday and Saturday date night, turned into a long weekend party. It concluded with a final concert on Monday night (our 7 year wedding anniversary) in which they finished filming their 3D movie. So my husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary with Metallica 🙂 How many people can say that???
My first thought when I agreed to go to the concert was “what do I wear?”. Then I thought “what do I wear for the second show?” A few weeks ago, I found a great pair of booties from Fergalicious, so that took care of my shoes. My husband reminded me that most men wear black t-shirts and jeans, so I shouldn’t put too much thought and effort into an elaborate outfit. On Saturday night I wore a black t-shirt with skinny jeans and my booties.
I typically don’t buy t-shirts at concerts but I couldn’t resist when they had some t-shirts for the ladies.
Below are some more pictures I took of the concert Saturday night.
Gotta say these booties are fantastic and very comfortable. I wore them all day Monday and my feet held up pretty good.
Although I am a NKOTB and Our Lady Peace kind of girl, I have to say that after this weekend I have a new found respect for Metallica. I have to give credit where credit is due. From the moment they stepped onto the stage, they gave everything they had. Even before the show began, the energy of the crowd was palpable. The fans were feeding off one another, and then once the show started it was absolutely crazy. I have never seen 18,000 fans giver’ harder in my life, my husband especially. When James Hetfield pumped his fist in the air, 18,000 fans, including myself followed suit. I have never seen anything like that in my life. You don’t have to be a fan to appreciate their talent, their energy and their loyalty to fans. I loved their stage and how they used props from their old shows. My favorite songs by far were “Nothing Else Matters” and “Master of Puppets”. The set for “Master of Puppets” was amazing. So Metallica you have a new fan. Thank you for an amazing show and thank you for making my husband’s dreams come true.
I want to say that you should never give up on your dreams because you just never know. My husband entered the contest and he won a meet and greet with Metallica. It has been a life long dream of his to meet them and he did. So please whatever you have on your bucket list never give up on it, because like my husband, you just never know when it will come true.
This next part is dedicated to someone who wrote a facetious remark on my facebook page about me writing a blog about how to wear a Metallica t-shirt. So here it is, different ways to wear a Metallica t-shirt. Enjoy :)!!!
1. Pair it with some jean shorts and Tom shoes.
2. Make it preppy with tights, jean skirt, cardigan and booties3. When its raining outside add some leggings, jean jacket and Hunter rain boots.4. Add a pair of boyfriend jeans and some biker booties.5. Add a white blazer, skinny jeans and some sexy booties.6. Leather jacket and biker booties.7. Another preppy look with red cropped pants, cardigan and some flats.I have to say that I had a blast doing this, so thanks again Facebook friend.
Now onto how to wear a dress all year around. This dress is from the Gap. Below are 6 different ways to wear this simple, yet versatile dress. This dress will easily go from Summer, through fall, Winter and Spring.
2. Add a belt, cardigan and heels to dress it up.Belt (Jacob). Dress (Gap). Shoes (Michael Kors). Cardigan (Gap). Watch (Michael Kors). Bracelets (Posh Locket, Posh Locket ).
4. Add a pop of color with a scarf and belt it and wear it with booties.Dress (Gap). Scarf (Old Navy). Booties (Sterling shoes/Fergalicious). Belt (Jacob). Bracelets (Posh Locket, Posh Locket). Watch (Michael Kors).
Or without the scarf.
5. Dress it up with a boyfriend blazer, tights and booties.Booties (Aldo). Blazer (Jacob). Dress (Gap). Bracelets (Posh Locket, Posh Locket). Watch (Michael Kors).
6. Wear it simple with a gladiator sandal.Dress (Gap). Sandals (Aldo). Watch (Michael Kors). Bracelets (Posh Locket, Post Locket)
May this blog inspire you to go and see a concert you may have never considered before, dream big because you never know where it will take you, and buy a simple dress and see how many different ways you can wear it.
Happy Thursday Everyone!!! Have a wonderful long weekend 🙂